Thursday, March 18, 2010

Abominable or fashionable?

Don't ask me how, but I managed to overlook Chanel's RTW Fall 2010 show until this morning as my finger was frozen in click-mode as it made its way through countless slideshows on style.com. But, hovering over my mouse pad, my clicking finger stopped dead in its tracks as it got to Karl Lagerfeld's quite literal translation of global warming. A runway made to look like ice caps and male and female models snug inside fur body suits (that looked not unlike that of the abominable snowman), there were pieces that were all together a bit comical looking. But, being the genius that he is, Lagerfeld was able to create a collection that evolved from the absurd to the avant-garde wearable incorporating fur accents throughout the collection- even weaving fur into his signature boucle-knit tweeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment