Monday, January 17, 2011

TINSELTOWN TAWDRY: The Worst of the 2011 Golden Globes - Better luck next year girls!

Somebody's got to take the prize home and for this year's Golden Globes my worst dressed was Sandra Bullock. I have to say that I do like this gown and I do appreciate it when starlets go for something that is generally out of character but with Sandra, this takes it too far. This look, in all of its eye-shielding bang glory, is too young for Sandra who should be embracing her age rather than trying to hideout in a 20-something-year-old's Bohemian gown. From shrouded to crowded, there was now doubt that January Jones's own Golden Globes were out to play last night. I do like the bodice of her Versace gown but the fringe skirt takes it from chic to costume. I usually love Olivia Wilde's red carpet choices which is why, although she looked beautiful, I was disappointed with her look this year only because I thought she could have done better. I feel like I've seen a version of this Marchesa gown on every young starlet who got carried away with sequins and tulle--this looks like something we'd see in a Taylor Swift video. Although, I do give her props for her killer yellow Louboutins. From all covered up in Burberry to a little too much flower power in Valentino, Leighton Meester and Michelle Williams also landed on my 'Better Luck Next Year' list for trying to make a statement and stuttering to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment