Monday, January 24, 2011

COCKTAIL CHATTER: Well, hello Dr. Martin...

While I grew up in Chicago, my dad worked in Manchester, England so my sister and I were always jumping to and from across the pond while we were growing up--I can do a pretty spot-on English accent. And when most of my classmates throughout elementary and grammar school were buying their back-to-school Sketchers, I was picking out my back-to-school Dr. Martins. The classic English shoe (although, the original Dr. Klaus Maertens was actually German and later joined in an unlikely partnership with an English cobbler) wasn't always the most popular among my American friends but I loved the fact that visiting my dad in Manchester always meant going to pick out a new pair of "Doc Martins." Although they've come and gone in American fashion, there's something so British about them that I love. So it's safe to say that I was more than a little psyched to see their S/S 2011 collection. From pastels to suedes to animal prints, the doctor has definitely been popping some modern pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment